I am an early-career CNRS researcher at IETR (France). My studies focus on theoretical foundations and engineering of wireless implantable bioelectronics. Such systems will offer powerful capabilities for medicine and scientific research by enabling more precise monitoring, diagnostics, and treatment than ever before. Likewise, through-body wireless powering could make the lifespan of bioelectronics practically unlimited. My research stands on close collaboration between academia and industry; it encompasses interdisciplinary integration of physics, scientific computing, wireless technologies, neural interfaces, and biology. Our team is always open for new exciting collaborations and happy to consider new enthusiastic and skilled candidates to join us.
- Aug. 18, 2020 – Another special issue of Sensors “Rectennas for Wireless Body Area Networks” is open for original research articles and reviews. Guest editors: Dr. Mohsen Koohestani, Dr. Akram Alomainy, Dr. Alexandre Douyere, and myself. Deadline for submissions is 28 February 2021. Further details and the manuscript submission information are available here.
- Mar. 2, 2020 – A special issue of Sensors “Advanced Electromagnetic Biosensors for Medical, Environmental and Industrial Applications” is open for original research articles and reviews. Guest editors: Dr. Olga Zeni, Dr. Maxim Zhadobov, Dr. Stefania Romeo, and myself. Deadline for submissions is 30 November 2020. Further details and the manuscript submission information are available here.
- Dec. 10, 2019 – On Dec. 13, will be giving a talk on optimal antennas for bioelectronic implants and electroceuticals at APMC 2019 conference in Singapore.
- Oct. 25, 2019 – Our new paper has just been published in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. Based on the theory of optimal antennas for implantable biosensors, this one shows that dielectric-loaded microstrip antennas can approach the fundamental radiation efficiency bounds. It could therefore improve the operating range and power efficiency.
- Sep. 26, 2019 – On Oct. 2, I will be giving a talk “Radiation performance of highly miniaturized implantable devices” at the European Microwave Week in Paris.