I am a CNRS Research Associate at IETR (France). My studies focus on theoretical foundations and engineering of wireless implantable and wearable bioelectronics. Such systems offer powerful capabilities for medicine and scientific research by enabling more precise monitoring, diagnostics, and treatment than ever before. Likewise, through-body wireless powering could make the lifespan of bioelectronics practically unlimited. My research stands on close collaboration between academia and industry; it encompasses interdisciplinary integration of physics, scientific computing, wireless technologies, neural interfaces, and biology. Our team is always open for new exciting collaborations and happy to consider new enthusiastic and skilled candidates to join us.
- Jun. 2, 2022 – Our recent IEEE T-AP paper on reconfigurable antennas for in-body bioelectronics has been featured in “WHAP: What’s Hot in Antennas and Propagation!”
- Feb. 1, 2022 – Rosa’s new paper on innovative applications of millimeter waves for skin cancer treatment is featured by IEEE TBME. Congratulations to Rosa and all the co-authors!
- Jan. 11, 2022 – Our paper on a reconfigurable conformal antenna array for in-body bioelectronics is finally out in IEEE T-AP. We propose a simple and robust reconfigurable array to approach the fundamental bounds on radiation efficiency across a broad range of conditions.
- Sep. 30, 2021 – Icaro Soares, a PhD student in our team, has just won the Best Presentation Award (2nd prize) at the BioEM 2021 conference in Ghent, Belgium! Congratulations, Icaro!
- May 18, 2021 – I will be giving an online talk at the IEEE WPTC 2021 conference about the physical bounds on wireless energy transfer for deep-body implantable devices. Checkout the details here.
- Dec 16, 2020 – The IMBioC 2020 talk is available here. It gives a general overview of how to apply the radiation efficiency bounds to the design of antennas for in-body bioelectronics.
- Dec. 07, 2020 – On December 16, I will be giving an online talk at the IMBioC 2020 conference about the design of antennas for implantable bioelectronics. The registration is free for IEEE MTT-S, AP-S, or EMB-S members.
- Aug. 18, 2020 – Another special issue of Sensors “Rectennas for Wireless Body Area Networks” is open for original research articles and reviews. Guest editors: Dr. Mohsen Koohestani, Dr. Akram Alomainy, Dr. Alexandre Douyere, and myself. Deadline for submissions is 28 February 2021. Further details and the manuscript submission information are available here.
- Mar. 2, 2020 – A special issue of Sensors “Advanced Electromagnetic Biosensors for Medical, Environmental and Industrial Applications” is open for original research articles and reviews. Guest editors: Dr. Olga Zeni, Dr. Maxim Zhadobov, Dr. Stefania Romeo, and myself. Deadline for submissions is 30 November 2020. Further details and the manuscript submission information are available here.
- Dec. 10, 2019 – On Dec. 13, will be giving a talk on optimal antennas for bioelectronic implants and electroceuticals at APMC 2019 conference in Singapore.
- Oct. 25, 2019 – Our new paper has just been published in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. Based on the theory of optimal antennas for implantable biosensors, this one shows that dielectric-loaded microstrip antennas can approach the fundamental radiation efficiency bounds. It could therefore improve the operating range and power efficiency.
- Sep. 26, 2019 – On Oct. 2, I will be giving a talk “Radiation performance of highly miniaturized implantable devices” at the European Microwave Week in Paris.